Nothing can be more therapeutic and calming than sitting and relaxing in an infrared sauna and letting all the tiredness of a long day seep away. Apart from pure relaxation, the regular use of an infrared sauna can have several health benefits too such as relieving tension, reducing stress, clearing up your skin, etc. An infrared sauna is a great buy for the improvement of your overall health and wellness.
Fortunately, now you no longer need to go to your gym or spa to relish the joys of a sauna. Now, you can get one at home and enjoy the relaxing benefits of a sauna right in the comfort of your own space without having to step out. However, with so many brands of infrared saunas available on the market, choosing the best can be a tough decision to make.
In our article, we have delved deeply into some of the best infrared sauna brands available and after having done our research, we have brought to you the 3 best infrared saunas for this year. So, read on…
A renowned brand in the spa market since the 90s, Radiant Health Saunas has manufactured and distributed infrared saunas since 1997. Founded by Randy Gomm, Radiant Health Saunas has its headquarters in Vancouver, Canada and the infrared saunas are shipped throughout Canada and the US.
Radiant Health Saunas are recommended by doctors and the infrared saunas are designed for in-home, commercial and practitioner-based use and the infrared saunas are used by thousands of practitioners including doctors, physiotherapists, massage therapists, naturopaths, chiropractors, herbalists and other specialists. The infrared saunas have been designed to offer optimal performance and maximum safety on the basis of continuous testing and feedback from Radiant’s customers and practitioners.
The Radiant Health saunas have been 3rd-party tested to ensure extremely low EMR (electromagnetic radiation) or EMF (electromagnetic field) levels and zero VOCs (volatile organic compounds), making the range of saunas among the best infrared saunas on the market. Radiant Health Saunas are manufactured according to the highest quality standards and the No. 1 priority is customer satisfaction. All this has made Radiant Health Saunas among the top manufacturers of infrared saunas and the most trusted brand serving several customers across many regions.
Radiant Health has a wide range of infrared saunas to fit varied space requirements and needs and offers excellent detoxification natural relief from stress and relaxation. The Elite Series from Radiant Health Saunas has been crafted specially to maximize efficiency and safety. The product range includes:
- Elite Model: For 1, 1, 2.5, 3 and 4 persons
- Corner Elite Model: For 3 and 4 persons
- Radiant Health’s saunas are made from Canadian hemlock that is kiln dried to 6% to 8% moisture content that helps to prevent cracking and warping and meets furniture standards.
- The exterior of the sauna is finished with biodegradable wood treatment that is easy to maintain and offers a premium and luxurious look.
- Zero VOCs and 100% non-toxic
- Very low EMR and EMF around 0.3 milligauss (below Swedish standards)
- CarbonFlow Japanese heating technology
- Heated floor made of ceramic tiles
- Carbon fiber heaters (emits between 8.4-9.4 microns)
- Tempered glass doors
- CD/FM/AM player with connection to iPod/ MP3 with ceiling mounted speakers and remote control
- Delayed start
- 2 control panels (inside and outside the unit)
- Color light therapy
- Modular system for all electrical components
- Enhanced bench support
- Interior cup holders
- Wall-to-wall brackets
- Tinted glass
- ETL certified in Canada and USA
- 5-year warranty on electrical parts and lifetime warranty on wood and heaters
- Ultra-low EMF (low electric fields, magnetic fields and body voltage)
- Zero RF radiation
- Extremely easy to assemble
- The tiled floor prevents you from sweating down into the sauna’s wood
- The bench heater under the seat is a huge plus
- Safe for kids and elders
- Includes color light therapy
There are not many cons when it comes to Radiant Health saunas. The only thing is that it takes around 30 minutes to get heated up to 130oF; however, all the pluses of the saunas make it worth the wait.
Started in 1998 by Dr. Raleigh Duncan, a chiropractor with several years of research in infrared therapy, Clearlight Saunas are made of the highest quality and craftsmanship. The saunas from Clearlight reflect the knowledge and experience of Dr. Duncan. Clearlight is a pioneer of “low and no EMF heaters”.
Clearlight Infrared Saunas are among the most innovative and effective saunas available on the market. The saunas from Clearlight are different from others in terms of design and construction. All saunas are built of the highest quality close grain wood and are built by hand. All the saunas are equipped with hand-sanded panels, hand-crafted trims and handles and do not use toxic glues. Clearlight believes in attention to detail and their main focus is the therapeutic benefits of saunas.
Clearlight manufactures their own low-EMF True Wave full spectrum infrared and ceramic/carbon far infrared heaters that are used in their range of saunas. And, all the sauna models of Clearlight include the ELF canceling technology. All Clearlight saunas are fully tested, approved by 2 levels of quality control and are CE and ETL certified. Also, Clearlight has joined hands with Jacuzzi, a reputed name in the industry and all the Clearlight saunas also have the Jacuzzi logo.
Clearlight saunas are well designed and well made and these saunas can take your healing experience to the next level. Also, the beautifully made infrared saunas can fit into any type of home décor and you can even install it outdoors. Now, with the Clearlight infrared saunas, you can enjoy the benefits of a sauna in the comfort of your home. Available in a range of different sizes, you can enjoy the sauna along with your family and friends conveniently.
The Clearlight saunas are available in a range of models. They are not only very beautiful to look at, but they are also of the highest quality construction. The Clearlight sauna range includes:
- Clearlight Sanctuary Full Spectrum Infrared Saunas: Sanctuary 1, Sanctuary 2, Sanctuary 3, Sanctuary Yoga, Sanctuary Corner and Sanctuary Retreat.
- Clearlight Premier Far Infrared Saunas: Premier IS-1, Premier IS-2, Premier IS-3, Premier IS-C and Premier IS-5
- Clearlight Sanctuary Full Spectrum Outdoor Saunas: Outdoor 2 and Outdoor 5
- Clearlight Essential Far Infrared Saunas: Essential CE-1, Essential CE-2, Essential CE-3 and Essential CE-S
- Build Your Custom Sauna: If you have space in your home or workplace that you want to convert into a sauna or if you want to convert your existing traditional sauna into an infrared sauna, then Clearlight can do it for you and customize it according to your requirements.
- Made of eco-certified Western Red Canadian Cedar or North American Basswood
- Dual digital controls (controls time, temperature and lights from inside and outside)
- Furniture quality sauna cabins
- Ergonomic reversible bench
- Tongue and groove wood
- Glass front and ceiling
- In-built charging & audio station
- Bluetooth/MP3 connection
- True Wave heaters
- Low EMF and low ELF heaters
- Accent LED lights
- Chromotherapy lighting
- Limited lifetime warranty
- The patented design of the saunas includes a larger surface that allows greater coverage and production of heat that penetrates the body better for deep healing.
- Low EMF and low ELF radiation.
- Well made using certified “A” grade Western Red Canadian cedar or North American basswood.
- The lifetime warranty covers the wood, heater and also the audio system.
- Toll-free customer support.
- The company has an A+ BBB rating.
- Available in most countries including the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
- Reasonable pricing.
When you look at Clearlight Saunas, there are no glaring cons. The only drawback is that you cannot purchase the saunas via the website. You can request a price list by calling the company or by filling up their online form. The customer service is very effective and so, interacting with them is quite a pleasant experience.
High Tech Health has been designing and manufacturing infrared saunas since 1997. The company was founded originally as a consulting company in 1983 and started its business in Danville, California. In 1994, the company started doing business as High Tech H2O and began selling water electrolyzers.
In 1997, the company launched Thermal Life Far Infrared Sauna and in 1998, the name of the company was officially changed to High Tech Health Inc. High Tech Health’s saunas are trusted by over 6,000 health practitioners and doctors. The quality of High Tech Health saunas is unmatched and the knowledge and expertise of their team are first class. The company’s products have a higher rating compared to any other sauna company.
The saunas are made of only premium materials and include low EMF cabins, air circulation design and advanced heaters, making the saunas the best for detoxification. And, all these reasons make the High Tech saunas recommended by more health practitioners and MDs compared to other saunas on the market.
The High Tech Health sauna product range include:
- Transcend Saunas: Transcend TR-1, Transcend TR-2 and Transcend TR-3
- Transcend TR-2 in Hemlock wood
The far infrared saunas from High Tech Health has a patented and unique design that allows users to fully achieve the potential advantages of far infrared therapy. All the High Tech Health saunas feature:
- Patented triple antifield heaters that reduce all 3 types of EMF
- Lowest total EMF cabin design
- Made of 100% premium Poplar wood (no plywood construction)
- Dual sauna controls (inside and outside the cabin)
- Power-efficient design
- Fresh air fan (increases oxygen and reduces carbon dioxide)
- RoHS certified
- Non-outgassing, non-toxic, solvent-free glue
- Phthalate-free and PVC-free wiring
- High Tech Health Bio-Resonance heaters
- Pioneer CD player/ FM/ AM
- Upgraded lighting
- Tinted glass
- Inbuilt ergonomic backrest
- Ultra-low EMF
- The all-poplar wood construction of the saunas is non-toxic and hypoallergenic, especially if you are chemically sensitive.
- Quite spacious compared to other saunas
- Has a front angled heater design.
- Extremely difficult to assemble.
- Most expensive.
- Has 3 different power controls – for the sauna, radio and lights.
When you consider the infrared saunas from Radiant Health Saunas, Clearlight and High Tech Health, all 3 are good companies and you can’t really go wrong with the saunas from any of them. They are all excellent quality products and we would gladly buy any of them for our home and even recommend the saunas to family and friends.
The saunas of all 3 companies claim to have ultra-low EMF radiation, which is a very good thing. If we had to pick the one infrared sauna that is the best fit for everyone, then we would definitely go with Radiant Health Saunas. In terms of the build quality and lowest EMF radiation, the saunas from Radiant Health are the best. These saunas are also very easy and quick to assemble, which is an important factor to consider when buying an infrared sauna for your home.
If you are on a tight budget and you’re looking for a more economical option, then Clearlight Premier saunas are cheaper and they also have low EMF. Radiant Health, as well as Clearlight saunas, both have low VOC, but if you suffer from chemical sensitivity, then cedar may not be the best option for you. In this case, it would be a better option to go in for High Tech Health saunas, which are constructed with Poplar wood, which is a great option for people who have chemical sensitivity. However, the saunas from High Tech Health are quite cumbersome in terms of the assembly and are more difficult to put together.
Radiant Health saunas have another plus, which is the tiled floor. This is an excellent feature that not only adds to the aesthetics of the sauna but also prevents the sweat dripping off you from getting into the wood. So, if you ask whether the saunas are safe for use, then the answer would be, “Yes.”
All the infrared saunas from all 3 companies, Radiant Health Saunas, Clearlight and High Tech Health are extremely safe for use by your entire family. They are all excellent high-quality saunas and the brands are reputed and are here to stay for a very long time. Furthermore, all the products are covered by warranties that should give you complete peace of mind that you’re investing in a top-quality product. So, choosing one product over the other finally comes down to your personal preference.
In conclusion, having a traditional sauna at home may not be feasible. They are not very easy to set up, use and maintain. However, thankfully, today you have the option of getting an infrared sauna for your home. These are not only more affordable to purchase, but they are also easier to maintain. The heat of infrared saunas is also easier to withstand and they offer the same health and relaxation benefits when compared to their traditional counterparts.
Infrared saunas are great for both therapeutic, as well as relaxation purposes and now, you can own your personal sauna easily. Even if you enjoy good health, a sauna can help you feel great. And, if you suffer from joint and muscle aches and other ailments, then an infrared sauna can definitely help. While an infrared sauna may not offer a cure to all your ailments, they can be great for your overall health and well-being.
So, if you have ever been tempted to buy a sauna for your home but are put off by the traditional type, then an infrared sauna from Radiant Health Saunas, Clearlight or High Tech Health could be a fantastic choice.